Behind the design is Schmidt Hammer Lassen as architect for Carlsberg Byen P / S, which is the developer of the projects to give Dahlerups Tårn and Vogelius Tårn a new look. The actual work of producing, delivering and assembling the facades is handled by the facade contractor KGC Denmark, which is the Danish branch of Lithuanian KG Construction.
Dahlerups Tårn and Vogelius Tårn, which with 24 floors both reach 80 meters in the air, are approximately 40,000 and 47,000 sqm respectively and have Züblin as the turnkey contractor. At Dahlerups Tårn, which also goes by the name BA2, KGC is well underway with a facade contract of a total of 5,600 sqm. And there – as elsewhere the company works – it happens without the use of subcontractors, says director Irma Kasetaite Vestergaard, KGC Denmark.
KGC have started to work on this project in March 2019. Project team have helped to implement the architectural ideas: found ceramic supplier, helped with ceramic colors and ceramic fastening. Also, have helped with colors of composite panels, facade divisions (dividing) etc. The project’s 3D model was made with one of the most advanced CAD systems “CATIA”.
The actual installation began in August this year, and the first six to seven floors will be completed on the tower, where the work is expected to be completed in March 2021. A total of 742 elements and 80 custom-made balconies, all produced at the company’s factory in Lithuania, will be installed. The company’s own logistics company and now stored in a warehouse in Copenhagen made available by the turnkey contractor Züblin.
- Standard unitized facade element size: ~2.4 X 3.0 m
- Biggest unitised façade element: 5,12 m height
- Unitised facade element is transported to a construction site fully assembled (with windows, decoration/finish, installed ceramics, railings etc).
- There are 742 unitized facade elements and 80 custom made balconies (136 m2) made from steel structures.
- Production of unitised facades started in October 2019
- Installation process started in August 2020
- Planned installation process finish: March 2021
In 2019, the contract was signed not only for BA2, but also for BA9 tower.